The snack is out of the bag.
A surprising new meal will be making its debut at Arrowhead Stadium in 2022.
Sports business reporter Darren Rovell took to Twitter on Wednesday to confirm that a new novelty item has been added to the menu at Chiefs games this season.
Aramark Sports + Entertainment will be bringing Doritos-encrusted empanadas to Kansas City this NFL season.
This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
The Doritos-encrusted empanadas are reportedly made with ground beef, onions, cheddar jack cheese, and avocado crema.
The new menu item is part of Snack Hack, a new Aramark Sports + Entertainment initiative that takes snacks like Doritos, Cheetos and more and turns them into entirely new menu items.
Aramark Sports + Entertainment is also the concessions provider at Kauffman Stadium. They debuted another far-out menu creation for the Royals in 2022.
Other new Arrowhead experiences in 2022
Aramark also says new automatic cocktail machines will be put into Arrowhead for the upcoming season. The new devices, called Bartesians, claim to provide bar-quality cocktails at the push of a button.
The new machines scan government-issued ideas and then serve the mixed drinks in under 30-seconds.
Finally, Aramark is also introducing checkout-free purchases at the Arrowhead stadium team store for the Chiefs. Fans will use the Chief’s mobile app to scan the barcode for any items they want to purchase, pay through their phone and then simply exit the store.
Chiefs fans won’t have to wait too much longer to try out all the new fan experiences. The team has its first home game on Sept 15. for Thursday Night Football against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Every new ‘Snack Hack’ item at Aramark stadiums:
- Crabby Cheese Puffs Mozzarella Sticks ((M&T Bank Stadium): Mozzarella cheese breaded with crabby cheese puffs and served with crab dip. (Section 125)
- DORITOS Corn Dog (Acrisure Stadium): DORITOS-breaded corn dog on a bed of DORITOS and served with nacho cheese. (Section 129)
- DORITOS Empanadas (GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium): DORITOS–encrusted empanadas with ground beef, onions, cheddar jack cheese, and avocado crema. (Section 111)
- DORITOS FLAMIN’ HOT COOL RANCH® Chicken Sandwich (Paycor Stadium): DORITOS FLAMIN’ HOT COOL RANCH-breaded fried chicken topped with lettuce, tomato, jalapeño Chow Chow, Four Alarm Cheddar, and pickles, served on a hamburger roll. (Sections 112 and 142)
- FLAMIN’ HOT® Nachos (Empower Field at Mile High): Raquelitas blue corn tortilla chips with FLAMIN’ HOT drizzle, queso fresco, and cilantro. (Stand 130)
- FUNYUNS® Dusted Polish Boy (FirstEnergy Stadium): Split link brat topped with crispy fries, Duke’s® Mayo slaw, BBQ sauce, and FUNYUNS. (Sections 139 and 240)
- Philly Jaws (Lincoln Financial Field): Dunkin’™ Macchiato Cereal crusted beef brisket and Monterey jack cheese croquettes served with Rita’s Wild Black Cherry Ice BBQ sauce. (Section 138)
- Pork Rinds Corn Dog (Soldier Field): Bacon cheddar sausage dusted in crushed pork rinds and topped with Cholula® Hot Sauce and sriracha aioli. (Section 125)
- Sugar Daddy® Brown Sugar Sandwich (US Bank Stadium): Candied Sugar Daddy® bacon, coleslaw, and avocado spread served on a brioche roll. (Polaris Club)
- Texas Firecracker (NRG Stadium): FLAMIN’ HOT fried pickles soaked in cherry- and blueberry-soaked Kool-Aid® served jalapeño ranch. (Section 121)