A lot is changing based on Diablo 4 beta feedback, the full list has been revealed
As promised, Blizzard has released a long list of changes coming to Diablo 4 when the game launches on June 6. These adjustments – some of which are quite significant – are based on player feedback from the closed and open beta tests that took place last month. The developer stressed that it’s going to take any and all feedback seriously, and it looks like that’s what happened.
A brief overview before we dive in: dungeons have been reworked in various ways (and they all look great), character classes have been rebalanced, the user interface has been tweaked, and much more. Bugs, gameplay criticisms, and quality of life improvements have been addressed.
Diablo 4 beta feedback changes
One of the most common pieces of feedback we received is that players felt they were doing a lot of backtracking within certain dungeons. We’ve optimized multiple dungeons across all zones to minimize the need for backtracking. Here is a list of dungeons specifically in the Fractured Peaks zone that have received layout updates:
- Caldera Gate
- Unholy Catacombs
- Derelict Lodge
- the forbidden city
- Hoarfrost death
- immortal origin
- Core Dragon Barracks
- Rimescar Caverns
- The chance of an event spawning within a dungeon has increased from 10% to 60%.
- To minimize the need to retreat, monsters with fewer struggles will seek out the player to help them complete the Kill All Monsters objective.
- When collecting animus, the player and nearby allies will:
- Get 10 resources.
- Reduce all active cooldowns by 1 second.
- Animus channel time to deposit was reduced from 3 to 0 seconds.
- The time to save was reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
- All survival objectives now drop health potions when completed.
- When carrying an Ancient Statue, Bloodstone, Mechanical Box, or Stone Carving, you’ll gain a momentum bonus that grants you and nearby allies a 25% move speed boost.
- Pedestals have reduced their channel time from 2 to 0 seconds.
- Returning a portable object to its pedestal now fully restores health, resources, potions, and resets cooldowns for all nearby players.
- All doors will now generate a minimap ping when opened.
- All structure objectives in dungeons now have an additional combat mechanic that should repel players.
- Effects like Stun and Freeze can be applied twice to Elite Monsters before they stop.
- Class skills were reviewed to confirm that all classes have access to the required skills that remove effects that weaken control.
- Many great powers have had updates for their effectiveness.
- Added a flat 10% passive damage reduction for the Barbarian class. The damage reduction effect of some skill tree passives was reduced to compensate.
- The Whirlwind skill now does more damage and consumes more fury.
- Double Swing Skill Enhancement returns its full Fury cost when used on stunned or knocked down enemies.
- Companion skills will now deal massively increased damage.
- All Ultimate Skills have their cooldowns reduced.
- Made usability improvements to Maul and Pulverize.
- Using non-shapeshifting skills will transform the druid back into their human form.
- Summoned minions will die more often, requiring players to make more use of corpses.
- Many bonuses in Book of the Dead increase their stats.
- The damage dealt by the corpse explosion skill has been reduced.
- The brightness of Skeleton Warriors and Mages has been reduced.
- Upgrading to the Subterfuge skill increased their bonuses.
- Multiple passive skills have their bonuses increased.
- All Imbuement Skills have their cooldowns increased.
- Charged Bolt’s damage was increased and the mana cost to cast decreased.
- Reduced the damage of Chain Lightning and reduced its effectiveness against bosses.
- Reduced the cooldown for the Incinerate skill’s enchantment bonus.
- Firewalls will now spawn under enemies more often when using its enchantment bonus.
- Increased lucky hit chance for Meteor Skill’s Enchantment bonus.
- Fixed an issue where the built-in screen reader was not reading main prompts, game options details, and other UI text.
- Fixed an issue where actions could not be bound to the mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where Evade could not be bound to the correct analog stick on the controller.
- Chat will now appear on the left side of the screen when using the centered action bar configuration.
- A character’s stats will be displayed by default when players click the Materials and Stats button in their inventory.
- Move and Interact inputs can now be mapped to a button while the primary attack input is mapped to a secondary button.
- The sans serif font used in the game has been replaced with a new serif font.
- Fixed several issues that caused bosses, such as butchers, to become unresponsive.
- Bucher has been re-rated for difficulty and will present a major challenge in World Levels III and IV.
- Bosses like T’chort, Malnok, Vhenard, and others were reevaluated for melee character difficulty, resulting in changes to attacks and combat mechanics.
- Fixed an issue where Vampire Brutes using the Shadow Enchant Affix would chain-cast Impale.
- Increased the chance of a dungeon event occurring in the Cellars.
- Sailors will now consistently reward a chest upon completion.
- Fixed an issue where cellars would be marked as completed prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where a guaranteed elite monster would be absent from a cellar.
General quality of life
- Fixed an issue where players could quickly increase the attack speed of move-cancelling attacks.
- Fixed an issue where characters were immune and untargetable after loading into an area.
- The reset dungeon button has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused Gale Valley and Serak Rapture to have fewer monsters than intended until campaign quests in those areas were completed.
Many of these changes seem quite positive to us, and it’s obviously great that Blizzard is pushing these adjustments ahead of the game’s summer release. Do you like what you see? Let us know if you’re planning a trip to Hell in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.