Update: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.061 is now available for download. It weighs in at just over 1.6GB on the PS5. You can find the full patch notes below.
Original story: Ubisoft has detailed the next update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which will be released on September 27th (which is tomorrow at the time of writing!). The patch has two headline acts: the introduction of a new facility called the Rune Forge, and the second part of the Tombs of the Fallen storyline. It also sets the stage for the upcoming Oscoria Festival – another of the game’s seasonal events.
That’s a pretty hefty update then, and will likely be one of the last big pieces of support that Valhalla will receive.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.061 Patch Notes
New Settlement Building: Rune Forge
The Rune Forge can be built once Ravensthorpe is upgraded to level 4. With Forge, you can convert the perks of your currently owned gear into a new rune in exchange for silver. Explore the world of Valhalla to find more gear and turn their gains into valuable runes!
Tombs of the Fallen Pack 2
The journey of the Tomes of the Fallen comes to an epic conclusion in this all-new addition. Find your way through three mysterious tombs filled with ancient traps and intricate puzzles. Only the most dedicated adventurers will discover the buried secrets of a fallen civilization.
Explore and explore deep waters, molten lava and Jesus teachings to solve ancient riddles and find lost treasures.
The Veil of Oscoria covers Ravensthorpe once more. This October, take part in the Oscoria Festival’s Wild Hunt by defending your settlement from the threat of malevolent spirits and proving the might of the Raven Clan. In this free, limited-time event, you’ll find a wealth of new activities, quests, and new special rewards. Oscoria Festival will be available from October 20 to November 10.
Bug fixes and improvements
The Forgotten Saga
- Equipping the Death Jarl helmet will remove Evar’s beard customization.
- Sometimes Odin can get stuck in a pillar while killing enemies.
- After the battle with the Sister and her Tamer in Nidhim, the obstacle will not go away.
- Everold’s store restocks with previously purchased items.
Siege of Paris
- A unique siege of Paris Runes purchased through Pierre’s Shop may be sold, but not redeemable.
Wrath of the Druids
- Finishing off Balor with a stun-attack could stall the match.
Assassin’s creed Valhalla
Major discoveries, world events, activities
- Order medallions lost after defeating members of the Order.
- If the plants have already been collected then a deeper search cannot be achieved.
- Finding Fritjoff crashes when loading a save file during a quest.
- Core Challenge is not tracking player stats for Eevee’s Saga.
- When climbing the tree near the Druid Cottage in Gloucestershire, Eaver can get stuck under the platform.
- Unable to communicate with Rollo inside the whorehouse.
- A house in Picharinga could not be entered because the window and door were locked.
- Various fixes for the returning Oscoria festival event.
Weapons and supplies
- Weapons are being copied through unintended means.
- Duplicated Dwarven customization options in inventory.
- Two-handed axes can appear on either side of the armory mannequin if the player switches hands while using the weapon.
- Flails appear upside down in armory when equipped with a loadout.
- Isu duplicates tattoos in inventory after purchase and replaces other tattoos that can no longer be selected.
- Some weapons appear in the wagon shop when they have already been acquired.
- The VFX for the charge attack continues even after the weapon is used.
- The Twilight Pack previews do not load when trying to view them in the in-game store.
- Unintended Echo Effects on Reda’s Speech Audio.
- Cargo hold during river raids is capped at 200 even if the capacity is upgraded.
- Ever gets drunk when loading into the game.
UI / HUD
- The Jord Scarecrow Settlement cosmetic tile in Norvid’s store does not display the item.
Will you be diving back into Assassin’s Creed Valhalla for this new update? Let us know if you’re ready for the horror season in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.