Despite the flaws The Last of Us is one of Sony’s more popular PC ports
Even with its silly bugs and performance issues, The Last of Us: Part I has proven to be one of Sony’s more popular PC ports. A peak release day of 36,496 players were all experiencing the Naughty Dog title, and the game has consistently drawn nearly 20,000 users every evening. That makes it Sony’s fourth most popular PC offering, and that’s before the weekend hits. Now with a hotfix, it’s possible that more players will jump into The Last of Us: Part I in the coming days and set an even better record.
The overwhelmingly negative word of mouth surrounding the title must have certainly deterred many PC users from purchasing the game in the days following launch, so it’s likely that The Last of Us: Part I ranks highly in the charts below. can be given As of 31 March 2023, Sony’s PC ports have recorded the following highest concurrent player counts:
- God of War – 73,529 (15 months ago)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered – 66,436 (eight months ago)
- Horizon Zero Dawn – 56,557 (three years ago)
- The Last of Us: Part I — 36,496 (three days ago)
- Days gone – 27,450 (two years ago)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – 13,539 (four months ago)
- Unwanted: Legacy of Thieves’ Collection – 10,851 (five months ago)
- Return — 6,691 (one month ago)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure — 610 (five months ago)
What’s next from Sony on the PC front, we really don’t know. The company currently doesn’t have any PC ports officially announced for the future, but more will be on their way. What do you hope Sony will bring next for PC? Post your predictions in the comments below.
Check the latest gaming news here.