EA Sports has Announced official player ratings For its highest-ranked gold cards in FIFA 23, and the top 23 make for some interesting reading. Usual giants Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo no longer lead the pack, both slipping down the rankings by a significant chunk. Manchester United’s bench warmers are the toughest, landing in eighth place. Messi retained some pride in fifth place, but the giants of the game have now been replaced at the top.
Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema – in a superb goalscoring year – jumps a full 13 places to the top spot. He is followed by Barcelona’s new signing Robert Lewandowski, and Kylian Mbappe and Kevin De Bruyne in third and fourth respectively.
Here’s the complete Top 23, with new player ratings:
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – 91
- Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona) – 91
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – 91
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – 91
- Lionel Messi (PSG) – 91
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 90
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool) – 90
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) – 90
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid) – 90
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich) – 90
- Neymar Jr. (PSG) – 89
- Heng Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur) — 89
- Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich) – 89
- Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich) – 89
- Casemiro (Manchester United) – 89
- Alisson (Liverpool) – 89
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) – 89
- Ederson (Manchester City) – 89
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) – 89
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid) – 89
- Erling Holland (Manchester City) – 88
- Toni Kroos (Real Madrid) – 88
- Marquinhos (PSG) – 88
Of course, while these are the highest-ranked players at the start of the game, that doesn’t mean they’ll always be the ones you come across in Ultimate Team. Depending on the meta, some of these cards may not be usable while other players in the lower 80s are considered essential. Still, these are the cards that many FIFA 23 players will be yearning for. When the game launches for PS5 and PS4 on September 30, 2022, at least.
What cards would you like to add to your team? Start putting together your starting 11 in the comments below.
Check the latest gaming news here.