As revealed yesterday, the latest patch for Gran Turismo 7 is now available on PS5 and PS4. A trio of new vehicles headlines this update, of course, but there’s a whole host of other fixes and additions.
Nissan Silvia K’s Type S (S14) ’94, Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder, and Volkswagen ID.R’19 can now be added to your garage. Additionally, a new menu book called The Silvia Sisters, as well as two additional menus, has been added. These can only be accessed after reaching the end of the game.
Two new Scapes have also been introduced, and a bunch of new events are now available in World Circuits. On top of that is a laundry list of other improvements, fixes and updates to make the experience just that little bit better. The Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel is now supported, online connectivity has been improved, and many bugs have been squashed.
Check out Full patch notes below:
The following three new cars have been added:
- Nissan Silvia K’s Type S (S14) ’94 (available to buy at Legend Cars from September 29);
- Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
- Volkswagen ID.R ’19
The following menu book is included:
- Menu Book No. 45: ‘The Sylvia Sisters’ (Collector Level 27 and up);
The following two additional menus have been added:
- Additional menu no. 8: ‘Collection: Corvette’ (Collector Level 20 and up);
- Additional menu no. 9: ‘Collection: Mid-Engine Porsche’ (Collector Level 45 and up)
New menu books and additional menus will appear after clearing menu book number 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and seeing the ending.
The following new events have been added to ‘World Circuits’:
- Sylvia Sisters
- Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
- Tsukuba Circuit
- Deep forest raceway reverse
- Japanese FR Challenge 450
- Autopolis International Racing Course
- World Touring Car 800
- Tokyo Expressway East clockwise
The ‘World Touring Car 800’ menu will appear after clearing book number 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and watching the ending.
The ‘California II’ and ‘Tokyo II’ locations have been added as special curations to Scapes.
Added six Mazda Spirit Racing logo decals. These can be selected in the livery editor when modifying the current car.
Other improvements and adjustments
1. Lobby/meeting place/play
- Improved network connectivity;
- Fixed an issue where the car would not restart when stopping to use the handbrake in the pitlane during practice on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross layout;
- Fixed an issue where the ‘My Record’ time displayed during a race in an online time trial would be incorrect;
- Pressing the Cancel button in the quick menu will move the cursor to ‘Exit’. When selecting ‘Exit’ the dialog ‘Do you want to quit?’ will now be displayed.
2. Race screen
Fixed an issue where the refueling indicator would be incorrect in races where fuel consumption was enabled.
3. License Center
Fixed an issue where the ghost car would be placed in a different starting position for the player when ‘Display Demonstration Ghost’ is turned on in License ‘S-8’ and ‘S-10’.
4. Car settings
Changed the Performance Points (PP) calculation in ‘Car Settings’ so that measurements are taken with the stock differential gear (LSD) and suspension settings.
- Fixed an issue where changing the settings of an existing car in ‘Garage’ would list that car at the top even if the sort order was set to ‘By Acquisition Date’;
- Fixed an issue where the sort order was incorrect when selecting ‘Last Used’ from the ‘Change Car’ menu.
6. Steering controller
- Added support for Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel;
- Added a button configuration menu for Fanatec® Podium in ‘Options’ > ‘Controllers’;
- Added ability to connect to a different shifter than the one currently used for Fantec steering controllers;
- Added rotary encoder support for Fantech steering controllers. (Models that have rotary encoders such as the Clubsport steering wheel Formula V2 can be used).
Several other issues have been addressed.
Are you happy with this new GT7 update? Fasten your seatbelts in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.