Outer worlds on PS5 can now work, more patches planned
Post-launch work on The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition has hit a new milestone as Private Division has announced that version 1.2 is now available for download on PS5. The updated port was released with a long list of technical problems, which forced some buyers to ask for refunds. This is now the second update to go live since launch, with more planned for the future.
Patch 1.2 “introduces framerate improvements on all platforms”, “reduces hitching”, and optimizes graphics settings on PS5. Additionally, combat encounters should see fewer frame rate dips, flickering issues should be less of a thing, and lighting and overall visual quality have received a boost. Private Division says its “team is still hard at work gathering feedback and implementing more improvements”, so more updates will be coming in the coming weeks and months to get The Outer Worlds up to scratch on PS5. expect
Below you will find the full list of 1.2 patch notes for The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition.
• Changed dynamic resolution to FSR and added option selector on PC
• Framerate improvements on all platforms
• Several improvements to reduce hitching issues in all platforms
• Specific DirectX 12 distribution improvements to fix bottlenecks on PC
• Fixed settings auto-detection on PC
• Fixed multiple factoring issues
• Optimized graphics settings on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S
• Adjusted VFX during combat to address frame rate drops
• Fixed occasional crash when checking graphics settings on PC
• Several bugs have been fixed
• Fixed bug where EULA needed to be accepted after every launch
• Content and text updates to remove visible seams and improve overall visuals
• Improved lighting
• Fixed excessive shadow popping bug in Roseway
• Fixed mesh disappearing when changing settings during gameplay
• Fixed floating grass in Monarch
• Improved LODs to reduce popping
Check the latest gaming news here.