PS4 firmware update 10.50 is now available for download
Not only has Sony released a major new update for the PS5, its last-gen console, the PS4, has also received new firmware. PS4 system software version 10.50 is now available for download, weighing in at a very small 488MB. So, what does it do?
Well, it doesn’t have as many features as the PS5 update, but there’s a lot more than your usual. It’s not a very exciting set of updates, but of course, it’s worth keeping your console fresh. This firmware update includes the ability to access your official apps, the ability to use Unicode 15.0 emoji in messages and the ability to see which players are playing in your session on other platforms. We’ve popped the full patch notes below:
- You can now access your authorized apps in Settings.
- Authorized apps are third-party apps and services that you’ve linked your account to for PlayStation Network. When using an Authorized App, you consent to the sharing of your account data with that App.
- To view and manage your authorized apps, go to Settings > Account Management > Authorized Apps, and then scan the QR code with your mobile device.
- Friends who are active on the PlayStation app will now appear online on your friends list.
- Unicode 15.0 emoji can now be displayed.
- You can see which players are in your game session on other platforms for games that support this feature.
Are you happy to see this continued support for the PS4? Let us know in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.