Sony has quietly increased the prices of PlayStation games on Steam in seven countries around the world, with titles like Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Days Gone, God of War, Returnal, and others affected.
First viewed by Chairman Chuck over at ResetEraAnd Verified by PlayStation Lifestyle, the countries in question are primarily located in the US but also include China and Japan, which rules out our initial regional theory. You can see the extended price ranges below:
- Argentina: 4199-5999 pesos to 8499-9999 pesos
- Canada: $59.99-69.99 CAD to $64.99-79.99 CAD
- Chile: 32000-39500 CLP to 35000-42000 CLP
- china: 279-379 RMB to 345-414 RMB
- Colombia: 159000-194000 pesos to 184000-219000 pesos
- Japan: 4900-6490 yen to 6490-7590 yen
- South Korea: 45880-58800 Won to 52800-62800 Won
The firm has yet to make any kind of announcement about the increase, but we imagine they will, ie Our PC cousins don’t seem too impressed. Are you affected by this price hike? Explain the global economy to us like we’re five-year-olds in the comments section below.
[source resetera.com, via playstationlifestyle.net]