The live service for Media Molecule Dreams is on the verge of sunset, but until then, the creation sandbox is still receiving updates. The latest of these has just arrived, and is available to download and install now. Version 2.60 is about 455 MB in size, and includes several bug fixes as well as some interesting new terms and conditions that you must agree to.
As long as your creations meet the proper guidelines, you can use them however you like; You can put your original music on streaming services, put your imagination on t-shirts, and share your animations online. Very good! You can learn more at Official blog post.
Elsewhere in the update are several bug fixes throughout the game. Below are the full patch notes:
Bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed several issues related to in-game playlist performance.
- Fixed an issue where only 8 scoreboards were being rendered per composition, and scores were not being posted as expected.
- Search result speed and performance have been improved, both in situ and while in DreamShaping.
- Fixed an issue where local saves of Dreams and/or Collections would take longer than expected to load into creations.
- Fixed several issues with refreshing search results when looking at genealogy, version and search.
- Updated wording to be more informative when deleting local versions of Collections and Dreams.
- Improved update mode. It will now highlight the canvas that has a chip stamped on it, helping the user identify elements/objects that may need updating.
- Update mode will now also highlight instruments when replacing a previously stamped instrument.
- Fixed an issue where searching in a dream or collection would not return any results.
- Fixed several photo management issues.
- Fixed an issue where reconnecting to the server after the internet connection went down would result in version limits being incorrectly displayed as 0/0.
- Fixed several rare issues that would result in crashes.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
Are you still enjoying the dreams? Let us know in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.