The Witcher 3 patch 4.03 fixes autosave stuttering on PS5, city frame rate, visual bugs
A new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been released, and it promises to fix some specific issues on PS5. Patch 4.03 aims to Finally Remove the annoying stutter that occurs when the game is autosaving, while also squashing the graphical bug that makes Geralt’s character model flicker in the device screen. Hooray!
What’s more, the update should improve the title’s frame rate when you’re exploring busy areas like the cities of Novigrad and Beauclair. You can check out the full patch notes below.
The Witcher 3 Update 4.03 Patch Notes
- The cross progress popup will now correctly display which account is logged in.
- Fixed an issue where dark bars or shadows appeared on Geralt in the inventory screen when performance mode was enabled on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze or freeze for a short time when auto-saving on next-gen consoles.
- Addressed a performance drop issue on next-gen consoles using Witcher Senses in Beauclair and Novigrad.
Visual – PC and next-gen exclusive
- Fixed an issue where a grid of light spots would appear on the ground and walls in certain weather conditions with ray tracing enabled.
- Spider webs will no longer change color when moving a camera with ray tracing enabled.
- Fixed an issue where some text on characters would not appear fully rendered during cutscenes.
- Through time and space – Fixed an issue where fog in Poison Valley was pink instead of white.
Quests and Gameplay – PC and next-gen exclusives
- Added community made mod Next general script fix By Surjanur.
Quests and Gameplay – Available on all platforms
- In the shadow of eternal fire – The ambient music of the quest will not continue to play after completion. For players who have already experienced this issue, it may be necessary to re-enter the Novigrad or Oxenfurt sewers to resolve it.
- Added an option to auto-apply oil in combat.
- With the exception of potions and decoctions, it is now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater. // While the team agrees that it may be possible to drink liquids from a corked flask, consuming a pint of ale or grilled meat under water is much more stressful.
Are you still playing The Witcher 3 on PS5? Are you happy to see that these issues are finally being dealt with? Remember to repair your swords in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.