What’s new in The Witcher 3 PS5? The ‘next-generation update’ for CD Projekt RED’s open world RPG boasts a number of improvements and additions, a full five years after the original game’s release. The developer has brought some highly requested features to the upgrade, which boasts graphical boot, gameplay modifications, and more.
In this guide, we’ve listed everything new and all the improvements we currently know about when it arrives The Witcher 3 PS5.
This guide is currently a work in progress. We’ll continue to update this as we get new information from CD Projekt Red, leading up to the game’s release on December 14th.
The Witcher 3 PS5: All New and All Improved
Below is a list All new and all improvements in The Witcher 3 PS5. We have divided this list into categories for better readability.
This is completely new content added to The Witcher 3 PS5.
- A new research based on the witcher Netflix shows
- Based on, a new (alternative) look for Dandelion the witcher Netflix shows
- Based on a new armor set for Geralt the witcher Netflix shows
- New (optional) armor design for Nilfgaardian solders based on the witcher Netflix shows
- New weapons, armor and items
- A fully integrated photo mode, complete with editing tools and filters
Here are the ways in which The Witcher 3 PS5 has improved the game’s visuals.
- High resolution text throughout the game
- Improved character models
- Environmental assets improved
- More diverse NPC (non-playable character) models, especially in cutscenes
- 30fps ‘Quality’ mode with ray tracing support (resolution currently unclear, expect 4K)
- 60fps ‘performance’ mode (resolution is currently unclear, although The Witcher 3 on PS4 Pro ran at a checkerboard 4K, so we’re expecting the same here)
- Draw a better distance
- More leaves, thicker grass
- Lighting effects and lighting have been improved
- Additional and more varied weather conditions, such as fog
These are the ways in which The Witcher 3 PS5 has improved on a technical level.
- Load times are greatly improved, when traveling fast and loading/reloading a save
These are the featured gameplay editions in The Witcher PS5.
- The new ‘quickcast’ system allows players to cast symbols without opening the radial menu – instead, you simply hold down a trigger and press the corresponding face button.
- The new (optional) camera setting places the camera very close to Geralt, over his right shoulder, which applies both in and out of combat.
- New (optional) activity settings for Geralt, where slow walking/running is mapped to how far you’re pushing the left stick
- Added a ‘hybrid’ minimap option, which fades the minimap and user interface during gameplay unless you press the focus button
- Map filters let you customize how much information you can see on the map screen
- You can now pause the game during cutscenes
These are the gameplay adjustments in The Witcher 3 PS5.
- Several gameplay adjustments (to be detailed in the full patch notes before the game’s release)
- Re-balanced enemy scaling (when enemy scaling is turned on in options)
- Falling damage is minimized
- Rats are no longer ridiculously deadly when level scaling is enabled
These are other enhancements and improvements that don’t necessarily fit into the previous categories.
- Full cross-save and cross-progress support for all platforms
- Full Dulescence controller support with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers
- Subtitles can now be scaled
- Added simplified Chinese voice acting and localization
- Better localization for other languages
The Witcher 3 PS5 FAQ
Below, we have collected the most frequently asked questions about it The Witcher 3 PS5.
Does Witcher 3 PS5 include all DLC and expansions?
Yes, The Witcher 3 PS5 includes all the free DLC packs from the original game, along with its two expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Expansions are included even if you don’t have them on PS4.
Is The Witcher 3 PS5 a free upgrade?
yes, The Witcher 3 PS5 This is a free upgrade if you already own the game on PS4. This counts for both the original release and the Game of the Year edition.
Will The Witcher 3 PS5 Get A Physical Release?
Yes, CD Projekt Red has confirmed that The Witcher 3 PS5 will receive a physical release. However, the release date for the physical version is currently unknown. It is expected to release on December 14, 2022 after the upgrade digitally launches. We’ll update this part of the guide as we learn more.
What do you think? All new and all improvements in The Witcher 3 PS5? Relive your monster-slaying adventures in the comments section below, and check out our other guides for The Witcher 3:
Check the latest gaming news here.