The Witcher 3 PS5 patch 4.02 improves performance, fixes bugs
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has had a rough ride on PS5 so far. The current-gen edition of the beloved RPG has particularly struggled with its performance, and CD Projekt RED has worked hard to get the game ship-size. Now, patch 4.02 is available to download and install, weighing just over 2GB.
as the Official patch notes Stat, the main focus of this update is to improve the “overall stability and performance of the game”, although it also contains several bug fixes. These include rare crash instances, blurred characters during cutscenes, and other specific issues.
We’ve included all the PS5-related patch notes below:
- Improved performance mode on next-gen consoles.
- Characters can be a bit blurry during dialogues and cutscenes on the PlayStation 5.
- Whatever a man sows… – The game will no longer crash if Geralt runs away from Saturn after starting a conversation on a next-gen console.
- Added the two missing “Top Swords”! On previous-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue with overwriting manual saves where the oldest game save on PlayStation 5 was deleted in some situations.
- Addressed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading a gamesave.
Visual – PC and next-gen exclusive
- Improved water visibility by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflection.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a motion blur slider. This can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
Quests and Gameplay – Available on all platforms
- Battle preparations – Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would advance the quest during the objective “Tell Avalak that everything is ready.”
- The cause of the state – Fixed an issue where the warehouse door could become permanently locked if the player knocks, enters and then immediately leaves the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 – Fixed an issue where quests could remain active after images were looted.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would prevent the player from starting the expansion in standalone mode until the game was restarted.
Localization – Available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri’s and Geralt’s Gwent card details.
- Fixed punctuation issues in Arabic localization.
- Updated traditional Chinese font.
For a full rundown of the patch notes, Click through here.
Are you still enjoying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PS5? Did this patch make a difference? Let us know in the comments section below.
Check the latest gaming news here.