Although it’s flying a bit under the radar, Disney’s Dreamlight Valley is quietly becoming one of the year’s big hits. Available today, the game’s latest major content update is called Missions in Uncharted Space, and it includes the Toy Story Realm, where you’ll find new story arcs and friendship quests with Woody and Buzz Lightyear. It also includes a new mission involving Stitch.
“In Toy Story Realm, players shrink down to toy size and meet its iconic heroes, Buzz Lightyear and Woody, who are living in the Realm after fleeing Dreamlight Valley when Oblivion first began,” teases the press release. . Once back in the village, players will try to help Woody learn the magic of childhood memories and help Buzz as he enlists the support of the residents of Dreamlight Valley to establish his first Star Command outpost. – both complete with full story arcs and friendship rewards.”
Elsewhere, a new festive Star Path will feature Christmas-themed prizes – including ugly jumpers. “In addition to new clothing, furniture and accessories, Festive Star Path also includes a brand new Dream Style feature that allows you to dress up both Mickey Mouse and Merlin in special festive holiday skins. Build a snowman, explore the frosty peaks of Frosted Heights, or discover new festive recipes with all your Disney friends as you vacation together.”
This is all in addition to the improvements that improve the gameplay, with full patch notes Courtesy of developer Gameloft below:
- Explore the Toy Story Realm with Buzz Lightyear and Woody to complete all-new story arcs and friendship quests.
- Celebrate the holiday season with an all-new festive Star Path.
- Previously unlocked by players in our Wishlist campaign – the first character skins available in Valley! You can find two new ‘Dreamlight Styles’ for Merlin and Mickey available in the Festive Star Path.
- Advance your friendship with Minnie Mouse and WALL-E by completing their level 10 friendship quests.
- Keep an eye out for brand new enchantments for your Royal Tools – specifically Shovels, Fishing Rods, and Pickaxes – that will help increase your efficiency while digging, fishing, and mining.
- We’ve added a day/night toggle so fans of every time zone can choose to enjoy Dreamlight Valley sunsets and sunrises as they choose! This is only a visual change, and will not affect gameplay.
- Are you concerned about the environmental concerns of keeping the lights on in your home? You can now turn the floor/wall lights on and off.
- You can now hang out with Ariel! We can’t wait to watch your adventures together.
- Want to unlock your entire Star Path instantly? Optional Moonstone packages are now available for purchase.
- the socks
- A special frame item is delivered for player items, allowing you to display your favorite memories.
- More surprises to come later in this update!
Improvements and optimizations
- Optimized game stability on all platforms. In particular, we’ve focused a lot on optimizing the experience on Nintendo Switch, which players should now find seamless. We will continue to evaluate the performance of each platform and look forward to further improvements and optimizations in future updates as part of Early Access.
- It’s getting cold outside, so we’ve updated many of the fireplaces in Dreamlight Valley so you can light them manually. Exceptions include the Horned Tavern Fireplace, Cozy Fireplace, Antique Furnace, and Celestial Fireplace.
- Christoph has expanded his stall’s inventory to include a wider range of items (There may be some iron parts).
- Improved distribution of wood across biomes. This change will make it so that the wood in each biome feels less random to you. While spawn rates will be slightly lower than before, each biome will now have a fixed set of wood that can spawn and will appear in consistent amounts, taking the guesswork out of collecting.
- Buffed Critter Pet to allow for even more treat sharing. Now it is possible to feed the critters several times per day.
- Reduced game loading times across all platforms.
- Reduced game installation size.
- Improved loading of in-game assets to provide better performance to players.
- Optimized to reduce the chances of frame drops that were caused by some animations.
- Better performance and memory usage of large gardens (50+ plants) when gardening.
- Removed “dry plant” VFX to improve game performance.
- Optimized various VFX to improve game performance.
- Fixed memory leaks that reduced performance and crashes in certain circumstances.
- Improved item feedback limits in furniture editing mode by adding a second on-screen counter. The top counter tracks the number of different items placed in the valley, while the bottom counter tracks the total number of items, including duplicates. This will provide more clarity when reaching these limits, as before, hitting any limit will prevent players from placing any more items in their valley – unique items or total items respectively – until they have items to make room for. does not remove
- All avatars now have the same animation speed. In particular, you’ll notice that the crop watering and cooking animations have been updated to reflect this.
- We have verified that critics are not conspiring against you. Critters befriended by feeding will now appear correctly in the collection menu.
- Not camera-shy! Avatar will now always face the camera when in selfie mode.
- Fixed a soft-lock that sometimes occurred when pressing the return button on the title screen.
- The collection menu now correctly updates when new resources are collected.
- “A Deal with Ursula” Quest: Players who previously picked up the Dark Crystal should now be able to complete the quest.
- “Photo Fervor” Quest: The Elephant Graveyard can now be properly photographed.
- “The Dreamlight Fountain” Quest: Celebration ribbons will now be correctly recognized when placed near the fountain.
- “Part of His World” Quest: Players who were facing a blocker will find that the Nautilus consumable is returned, which should unlock progress.
- “Layer Sweet Layer” Quest: When Goofy redecorates his house, he accidentally loses a quest-critical piece of paper. It has been recovered and returned to its expected condition at home.
- “Peacemakers” Quest: Improved collision issues with palm trees to reduce the chance of Leader Shards and other items getting stuck in them.
Check the latest gaming news here.