Stir death due to brain-eating amoeba in America, know what this brain-eating organism is, how dangerous it is and what are the symptoms
A Florida man contracted a rare amoeba by using tap water to clean his nose.
The person later died from a brain-eating amoeba in the water.
Infection with an amoeba called Naegleria fowleri is very rare and dangerous.
Florida. No one would have imagined that using tap water to clean his nose would cost a Florida man so much. The person later died because the brain had eaten amoebas present in the water. Local officials said the person used unboiled tap water to clean his nose. He later died of a rare infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba. According to the Florida Health Department, the incident occurred in Charlotte County. However, more information on this was not immediately released. The patient died on Monday.
According to a dispatch from the press agency BNO News, the identity of this patient, who suffered from an infection rare in America, has not been disclosed. It is believed he had contracted an amoeba called Naegleria fowleri after using tap water to clean his nose daily. The Florida Department of Health is currently investigating how the infection occurred. The agency is working with local public water supply facilities to identify possible causes. Thus, changes can be made as needed.
This unicellular organism enters the body through the nose
The amoeba Naegleria fowleri can infect people when this single-celled organism found in water enters the body through the nose. This usually happens while swimming or diving in ponds, lakes or rivers. While in rare cases, this amoeba can also be found in pipes connected to tap water. When water contaminated with the amoeba Naegleria fowleri enters the nose, this amoeba can reach the brain through it. This disease causes primary amoebic meningoencephalitis-PAM. This destroys the brain tissue and usually the patient dies.
Identify brain infection in this way, prompt treatment can save life
Symptoms appear between 1 and 12 days after infection
Symptoms of Naegleria fowleri usually appear between 1 and 12 days after infection. These can include fever, nausea, headache and vomiting. These symptoms can then progress to a stiff neck, confusion, seizures, and other neurological problems. Brain-eating amoeba infection is almost always fatal. Of the 157 patients diagnosed since the early 1960s, 153 have died. Most of its cases have been found in southern US states, particularly Texas (39) and Florida (38). However, Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba found in warm regions and is usually found in warm fresh waters. But recently, some infections have also been found in North American states, as even cold regions have become hot and dry.
First read latest news in America News84Media America | Read today’s latest news, live updates, the most trusted America news website, News84Media America.
Keywords: America, American News, death, Florida
FIRST POST: February 25, 2023, 09:22 HST